Pizza, Aluminum Foil, and Parchment Paper

*UPDATE: I went back to parchment paper. 2 reasons: 1, because it is more forgiving than foil, and 2, because I now own a pizza steel as well! And its cool!

I am not going to revisit how I do pizza at home, but you can find all the posts that are involved here: Pizza. Rather, how I might switch over to foil from parchment paper.

Last Saturday night I was out of parchment paper, so I did the next best thing I could think of...foil? For years I used parchment paper for sliding my pizzas from the peel to the stone but now I think I might be switching to foil.

My original concern was that the dough would stick to the foil, but after several pizzas and breadsticks Saturday night I realized that was not the case. 

The whole reason I use parchment paper in the first place is because the heat from the stone goes straight thru (unlike a pan) and because (besides the dough) I use a no-mess no-flour *technique and the parchment lets the prepared pizza dough slide from peel to stone with no semolina, flour, or cornmeal. 

After using the foil shiny side up and spraying with cooking spray before putting the dough on it, the pizza crust came out of the oven even better than before and I could pull the foil out from under (like the magic trick where you quickly swipe a table cloth out from under dishes on the table without breaking them) the pizza and quickly cut the pizza still on the peel before sliding it off on a rack. 

* As stated in other posts, I wait till the dough has rested enough to use my hands or a rolling pin to shape the dough using just (non stick) cooking spray. It avoids hard rolling with a rolling pin and using lots of flour. No mess, no fuss.